As I’ve gotten older, I’ve become more aware of the things that I use for both myself and my family. We try to eat organic as much as possible and when we have the choice, we go with products with more natural ingredients. Thankfully the market for eco-friendly products has sky-rocketed, which has made it easier on parents to make better environmentally friendly decisions.
In honor of Earth Day, we’ve rounded up some products that we love using that are not only good for you, but good for the earth.
1. Dapple Baby Dish Soap: A dish soap that can be used for not only dirty dishes, but all of your baby’s items as well. The dish soap is made with plant-based ingredients- free of phthalates, parabens, SLS, SLES and dyes.
2. Leila Lou Soy Wax Candle: Give any room in the house a beautiful light scent of Leila Lou. With notes of pear, jasmine and fresh cut grass, Leila Lou is clean, fresh and totally addictive.
3. 1212 Organic Onesie: An essential part of any baby’s wardrobe is the onesie. 1212 makes clothes that are made of 100% organic cotton. We also love that it’s shipped with recycled packaging.
4. Honest Beauty Lip Gloss: Make those lips shine with a sheer lip gloss from Honest Beauty. You know their diapers and home line, and Honest has kept their tradition of creating eco-friendly products but now for your skin. The lip gloss is made without parabens, paraffins, gluten, silicones, mineral oil, or synthetic fragrances.
5. Babo Botanicals Miracle Moisturizing Cream: Keep your skin feeling soft and smooth with this formula made of concentrated botanical moisturizers. The formula is made of colloidal oat and organic calendula. It’s free of Soy, Dairy, Gluten, peanuts, almonds, walnuts, SLS, sulfates, parabens, phthalates, fragrances, dyes, sodium chloride, formaldehyde, MEA, DEA, TEA, or most common allergens.
6. Newton Wovenaire Crib Mattress: Give your little one something that is not only comfortable to sleep on, but also safe. It’s washable, and the core of the mattress is made of 90% free air and 10% food-grade polymer. The Wovenaire Crib Mattress contains no foam, latex, springs, glue, or allergens and is 100% recyclable.
7. Nook Pebble Pillow: The Pebble Wrap that surrounds the memory foam pillow core is 100% organic, made from supremely soft eucalyptus and cotton. With a plush, raised pebble design, it’s a luxurious place to rest your head. This breathable cover is also infused with zinc to fight microbes, mites, mold, fungus and allergens.
8. Naturepedic 2 in 1 Organic Cotton Ultra/Quilted Mattress: Let your tot sleep with comfort each night with a mattress that is made of organic cotton fabric with easy-to-clean 100% polyethylene waterproof surface.
9. Babygancis 3x Laundry Detergent: Keep the entire family’s clothes clean with a laundry detergent that is formulated with the stain-fighting powers of plant-based ingredients, making it baby-safe and super effective.
10. Parasol Diapers and Wipes: Diapers are a neccessity for all babies so make sure you having them wear something safe and free of harsh and dangerous chemicals. Parasol diapers and wupes are hypoallergenic and all materials are latex-free and chlorine-free, fragrance-free and free of lotions.
11. Seventh Generation 100% Recycled Paper Towels: Clean up those messes your little one leaves behind with these paper towels that are made from 100% recycled paper with a minimum of 50% post-consumer content.
12. Healthy Child Healthy World Healthy Parenting Kit: The Healthy Parenting Kit is a tool designed to help parents safeguard their family’s health and learn about healthier non-toxic products. The Healthy Parenting Kit is filled with fun and educational materials, informational brochures, and samples of products that meet their high Quality Standards for children’s health.
13. Fresh Wave Fresh Pod: Help keep those big odors at bay with a Fresh Pod. We use Fresh Wave Fresh Pods nearly everywhere. Garbage cans, closets, diaper pails, and more! The Fresh Pods remove odors using only natural ingredients making it safe for the entire family.
14. ACURE Argan Oil Cleansing Towelettes: Get gorgeous on-the-go with the ACURE Argan Oil Cleansing Towelettes. Gently remove makeup, dirt, sweat and environmental toxins that accumulate on your face and body throughout the day without the need for soap and water. Whether you’re running errands, at the office, working out, traveling , or are just too lazy to wash your face, these handy all-natural, biodegradable Argan Oil Towelettes refresh, cleanse, soothe, and detoxify on the spot!