When a woman is ready to have a child, she wants it to happen as soon as possible. There is an incredible sense of anticipation and excitement that makes it hard to think of much else. Most women trying to conceive are driven by an overwhelming desire and can’t wait for the moment when they see those two little lines emerge on their home pregnancy test; or when their OB/GYN gives them the good news. But when it doesn’t happen as quickly as one imagines, the feeling of excitement can turn to anxiety, and she may wonder if there is anything she can do to move things along.
If you are that woman, there are some fairly easy things you can do that might get you on the road to a baby bump in a snap:
1. Make sure you are timing it right. This is THE number one key to success. Pinpoint your fertile window by tracking your monthly cycle and subtracting 14 from the length of time between menstruations. (If your cycle is 30 days then you will most likely ovulate on day 16). Try an ovulation predictor kit if you need more help.
2. Try to have sex on the 5 days leading up to ovulation. Sperm live for 3-5 days and maybe even longer in some cases. The egg only lives for a day. So the sperm need to be waiting for the egg to drop.
3. Avoid using lubricants during sex, as most are not friendly to sperm.
4. Get your partner to up his zinc intake and make sure he keeps his important parts cool and loose to ensure a high sperm count. (No hot tubs, and choose boxers over briefs.)
5. Try vitamins that can help regulate ovulation (such as a vitamin with D and B12). And don’t forget folic acid; you need to begin taking folic acid before conception to reduce incidence of neural tube and other birth defects (and autism too).
6. Learn about the role of cervical mucus in conception. Consider using a mucolytic tailored to help facilitate conception. Sometimes the sperm needs a little help getting to the finish line, and the right consistency of cervical mucus can help them get there quickly and easily. PregPrep has developed a doctor-formulated mucolytic just for women trying to conceive. This carefully researched formula provides the ideal dose of a potent mucolytic and antioxidant to help women optimize their chances for pregnancy.