Interested in joining the Big City Mom Community? We are always looking for highly relatable parenting pieces and expert advice columns. If you have a voice, readership, and distribution channels that meet our mission, email Lauren@bigcitymoms.com for more information. We also welcome your suggestions for other writers.
Important notes when writing for Big City Moms:
- Consider a category for the post you’d like to write: Pregnancy, Parenting, Lifestyle, Social Media – funny quote, meme, video clip. Yes, some of these categories can be cross-applied, but stick to one for your post.
- We are looking for highly relatable, serious, provocative, entertaining, accessible, informative or humorous material.
- Articles should be in the 500 – 1000 word range. Your submission must be previously unpublished, 100% original, and written only by you.
- When submitting a photo, please send an original, high resolution, landscape (horizontal) image. If photo credit is necessary, please include copyright information.
- Include a 2-3 sentence bio, headshot image and social channels with your submission.
- Upon submission, you are giving Big City Moms permission to be the exclusive publisher, to promote your post under your byline, to share it with our subscribers and social media followers, and you agree not to publish this post elsewhere, including your personal blog.
- If you quote or reference someone else’s work, full credit must be given. Where appropriate, you must have obtained permission for any materials or photos used. Please fact check, reference the original source, and include links in the body of your post.
- We will contact you within one week of submission if we choose to use your piece.